JULY 9, 2022 AT 10 AM
Knoxville Dragway: 160 Raceway Dr, Maynardville, TN 37807-2400, United States
Turbo John Phillips and Wes Clapp team up to bring you the first annual Backwards Brawl at The Knoxville Dragstrip!
Get ready for the race with your Turbo John Merch!
This race will be Guaranteed $20,000.00 with 32 entries at $500 per entry. That’s right Folks Turbo John and I will be putting $4,000 on top of it with a bonus of $500 to anyone who can take down Turbo John in competition!
$100 to Lock In on PayPal at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will keep list updates as the Lock Ins roll in!
BJ Da Flagman will be race master!
Water Burnouts Only
- Rules will be as follows:
- 28×10.5 No W’s
- Must have Factory Firewall
- Must Factory Floors
- No AWD
- Back Half Ok
- Any exterior weights on rear of car cannot be higher than trunk of car and cannot be any further than 2ft from rear of car. Also must be safely secured.
Please screenshot PayPal payment and PM Wes Clapp please
- $200 entry $100 Lock In
- No AWD
- 15 &16 inch wheel limited to 275
- 17 and bigger limited to 325
- Must have treadwear of 200 or greater
- Must have factory type suspension for that car
- 32 cars will pay $7,500.00
Highway Hero’s Class
$100 entry Winner take all
($50 Lock in)
- All entrees must have full interior(front race seats allowed)
- Must make cruise at both back road, highway and interstate speeds without stopping(cruise will be approximately 40 miles)
- Must remain in line and maintained posted speed limits
- If passed by rear cruise vehicle during cruise(can’t maintain highway speeds) automatic disqualification and loss of all entree fees(will remain in pot).
- Only ONE fuel tank or cell allowed(cannot haul extra fuel on cruise)
- First round chip will be drawn before cruise
- On return to track from cruise all cars will go directly to staging lanes.
- Nothing on car can be changed or worked on other than tire pressure. No hoods opened.
- No adding fuel till after First Round
$100 entry winner take all!!
No tire rule but whatever tire you race with will be cruise tire as well. No changing of tires
For events updates and reminders respond to the Facebook Event Page.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 28, 2022
YouTube Personality Turbo John to Headline Race at Knoxville Drag Strip
Local drag racers compete to win part of a $20,000 prize
On July 9, drag racers will compete to take home part of a $20,000 total prize at Knoxville Drag Strip. Track owner Wes Clapp is partnering with YouTube personality Turbo John to bring the Turbo John’s Backwards Brawl event to the recently renovated drag strip in Maynardville.
The event includes several race classes such as Small Tire, Hard Tire and Highway Heroes. Racers who beat Turbo John head-to-head on the track can win an additional $500 bounty.
Clapp purchased the track in late 2021 and has made renovations such as track resurfacing, new bleachers, concession stand upgrades and new track equipment. “We’re working hard to bring a family-friendly and exciting drag racing experience to the Knoxville community,” said Clapp. “Racing isn’t just a sport – the racers and the fans become an extended family.”
Turbo John is a YouTuber from Raleigh, NC and has over 40k followers on his YouTube channel. He shares racing and technical videos about going fast on a budget. “I’ve raced with Wes in the past, so when he invited me to race in Knoxville it was an immediate YES.” Said Turbo John. “I’m looking forward to meeting the local fans and racing some of these fast Tennessee cars.”
Spectators are invited to stop by Turbo John’s pit for a free photo and a look at his Foxbody Mustang which is new on the track this year. Spectator Admission is $20 per person, kids 10 and under are free. The track gates open at 10am. You can find more details on the Facebook event page at https://fb.me/e/1m4uryVF1 or at http://www.knoxvilledragstrip.com/.
Contact Wes Clapp (865) 992-9995 for event media passes.
Turbo John YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/TurboJohnRacing